Compass Marine Yacht Surveys
We at Compass Marine are providing a full range of marine surveys on sailing and motor yachts across the South Coast of the UK as well as in Europe – we are recently worked in countries such as: Croatia, Lanzarote, Italy, Greece and Turkey. We go the extra mile for each of our clients and provide an excellent, value for money service, no matter if you are buying, selling, refitting, building or just maintaining your yacht. And its doesn’t matter if it is wooden, steel, aluminium or GRP/FRP; 7 meters or 35 meters long – we are able to accommodate most makes and models for whatever situation.
Our range of services includes:
- We do pre-purchase, full condition, surveys which covers every aspect of the vessel, with a comprehensive and detailed report.
- We can supervise new builds, refits and other repairs. Some of our projects include managing an extensive refit of a Victoria 34 in the Solent, a refit of a Sigma 41 in Lanzarote, a major refit of a 1932 Cardnell mahogany on oak yawl, a refit and osmisis treatment of a Consessa (Dawn) 39 and a refit of a Choi Lee 46. We also have had the pleasure of supervising the almost completere-build in Athens of a 35m / 112ft mahogany motor yacht, which was originally built in 1942. For each of these projects, we did a pre-puchase survey first.
- We offer Insurance surveys, Damage surveys, and Tonnage surveys.
- We offer Partial surveys too, which includes hull plating thickness (steel), moisture (FRP/GRP) and rigging surveys.
- We offer sea trials which would provide useful additional information about the engine, navigation equipment, sails and rigging. Plus if your boat has been stored ashore for some time, inspecting her while afloat may also provide useful information as well.
Our surveys also include:
- We offer a thorough vessel inspection which will be conducted to the highest industry standards.
- They will be succinct, accurate and relevant reports with specification for any specialist repairs.
- We can help with survey arrangements.
- We can also advice and guide you throughout the process.
Please do not hesitate to get in contact with us for further information on any of our services – we would love to hear from you!